Monday, February 07, 2005

Well, the first two weeks of my four week trip are finished. Tim and Carol Secrist leave tomorrow, and three new teammates arrive. I know Gary Kelch -- he came last year, but I've only met the other two briefly. I pray that they'll have an experience equal to that of Tim and Carol, who had a blast.

I must admit, my head is spinning this morning. I'm a little discouraged that I haven't completely recovered from last week's sickness; I still feel pain everytime I swallow. And I'm a bit overwhelmed by the task at hand. The 'microenterprise' goals I set for myself are probably unachievable this time. The questions are too difficult, and no one seems to have the answers. But we're a lot closer than we were. We have names of people we can contact here and abroad, and I've endeavored to dig into that list over the next few days.

Also, there is alot going on on the homefront, and I can't do a darn thing to help. So, today I'm feeling a little down. But that's to be expected. One or two down mornings over a month is not too shabby. It's also 7:00 in the morning and I haven't had any coffee or food yet. So that might explain it a bit.

I'll write more later once the day has shaken out a bit.

Peace.

2 comments:

jlee said...

we miss you John!
be safe & we look forward to your return!
jamie & teddy

John McCollum said...

Jamie and Teddy,

I miss you guys, too. Keep praying for us.

See you soon.