Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Lord's Day

Well, yesterday -- and much of the day before -- was spent on planes or in airports, Mechanically, the flights were uneventful. In fact, I was able to sleep quite a bit, thanks to the wonders of modern pharmaceuticals.

My traveling companion, Dr. John Campbell, had a much more memorable journey. On both of our long haul portions of the site, thee was a medical emergency call to which he responded. The first guy had gone into insulin shock and the second guy had some kind of cardiac arrest. According to John, commercial airlines are not at all well equipped for medical emergencies. It seems he managed in spite of the equipment shortages and language barriers, and both men survived.

Me? I feel kind of satisfied that I got a couple of hours of sleep. Our team arrived here at the guest house around 1:30am. It's 7am, and I need to leave for church at 8ish. I sure hope I'm not preaching.

Anyway, I think I'm doing pretty well. I'm probably going to be worn out by noon. I begin working in earnest on the projects that brought me here on Monday morning.

Peace to you all. Pray for me and be kind to my family.

No comments: