Tuesday, July 29, 2008

LAX

Well, find myself at 1:34 am Columbus time in the LA airport. We’ve already flown the 4 hours from Chiang Mai and the 13 hours from Taipei. We have another six or so hours left, but it seems like we should be home by now.

I realize that I haven’t done a very good job of keeping the blog updated recently. I was sick for most of our week in Thailand, which diminished my will to do much of anything but poop and sleep.

I think that my infirmity was a big blow to the team. There were so many things I would have liked to do, but I was unable. Most significantly, I was unable to take the kind of hands-on, proactive care of our schedule, so there were quite a few days where people kind of wandered around and said, “So, what are we doing today?” I’m sorry, guys.

This having been said, my team has been amazingly gracious and flexible. And our time in Thailand was very nice. God is doing amazing things among our precious kids, and our ministry is flourishing under Tutu’s leadership.

I hope to spend more time in the near future just hanging out with the kids; perhaps I will schedule a trip when the kids are on vacation so I can take them swimming and have lost of rec time with them.

It was nice, of course, but it’s definitely time to be home. I miss my family so much. I ache for my wife’s touch, and I’m dying to hug my children. Some decent coffee and a glass of scotch sounds good, too. All of the comforts of home are calling, and I have only to wait another 6 or 7 hours to experience them.

I will post some more pictures from the last few days of the trip soon. Expect to hear a lot more about Asia’s Hope if you go to Central Vineyard, our people are on fire and in love.

I’m so grateful that God has allowed us to be a part of something so great. All that has been done belongs to Him, and none of us deserve any credit. Thank you all for your prayers and your support. Get ready to do even more!

John

No comments: